Schools & Youth Groups
Parson House OPC has been accommodating schools for over 44 years, from age 7 years upwards.
We give exclusive use to each school that visits Parson House, a location surrounded by history, geology, activity sites on the door cuts down travelling time and more activity time, the tranquillity of Burbage moor in the heart of the Peak District National Park.
An exemplary health and safety record, qualified and first class instructors that are dedicated to the outdoors and young people, all staff are crb checked prior to working with us and have attended and passed a ‘Safe Guarding Children’ course.
All bedrooms are roomy and have their own showers, toilets & washbasins next door/en-suite. A large games room offers table tennis, table football and room to ‘chill out’. We have a separate lounge for those wanting to watch tv or have some quiet time out, not forgetting the very large sports hall.
Drying rooms are within the accommodation, and 24 hr security cameras protect the children. The centre manager & chief instructor live on site for 24 hr assistance.
Two activities per day and one in the evening keeps young people happy and busy right through the day.
From the minute you book in with us, you will be looked after to a very high standard by the centre manager – Debbie. A programme is designed around your groups/schools requirements, and a pre-trip visit is always encouraged. All paperwork is sent out in time for your visit and required to be returned to us 2 weeks prior to your course; consent forms, room forms, dietary requirements etc. Ensuring your stay and arrival is a smooth memorable transition and you come back.
Accommodation & Activities Price Guide
- School/youth groups rate – 24-hour rate including all meals ,tea and coffee, accommodation, insurance, instruction, minibus, equipment hire, 3 activities per day from – £62.00 per person per day (all children receive a free certificate) free staff places
- Rate A – 2 nights (weekend – 1 days activity & catering) -Stag/ Hen & adult parties Full catering, accommodation, insurance, equipment hire, minibus with 2 activities – £135.00 per person for the weekend
- Rate B -2 nights (weekend – 2 days activity & catering) – Stag/ Hen & adult parties Full catering, accommodation, insurance, equipment hire, minibus with 4 activities – £157.00 per person for the weekend
- Rate C – Accommodation, bed linen & meals only from – £ 58.00 per person per day, £116 per person for the weekend
- Rate D – Accommodation only – £30.00 per person per night £60.00 per person for the weekend , add £6.00 per set per person for bed linen hire, or bring your own
- Camping – from £6.00 per person per night
- Daily Activity – 2 activities, insurance, minibus, instruction, equipment hire from £49 per person
- Corporate prices – please contact with your requirements
- HOT TUB – include a hot tub in your stay, prices from £250 for the weekend, please ask for more details.
ALL THE ABOVE PRICES ARE BASED ON A MINIMUM OF 10 PERSONS IN A GROUP, HAVING SOLE OCCUPANCY OF THE CENTRE, 2 NIGHTS MINIMUM BOOKING
Please feel free to contact me with your groups requirements for a price. All packages can be tailor-made to suit your needs
Heating: Our heating is included in the above price (6am to 10am & Midday to 1pm, 3.30pm to 1.00am) however if you wish it on 24 hr there is a £25 additional cost per day
We couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful location. The flat is lovely and clean and great for a short stay. We were within a 10 minute drive of at least 4 different climbing areas and could have walked to some just over the hill. We ate locally one night but the kitchen was great for self-catering. The flat is comfy and great to sit and relax in after a day outdoors exploring. Debbie and Gareth were welcoming and their farm is so tranquil. You wouldn’t have really known there was a group staying at the outdoor centre and we were able to have a relaxing stay and come and go as we pleased. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to explore the Peak District.